You still have a couple months before the winter holidays roll around, but you may have begun to start planning a roadtrip for the upcoming months. The winter holidays are usually a time to get together with friends and family, and whether you are planning on visiting for some together or looking to hit the slopes during the winter snow, planning your roadtrip ahead can give you peace of mind and save you money when it comes time to hit the road.
When it comes to planning out your next winter roadtrip, safety should be your number one priority. Here are some of our most important tips to keep in mind when making plans for your winter roadtrip:
- Plan to have your vehicle inspected at John’s Auto Care. We can perform a pre-trip inspection to ensure that your vehicle will stay reliable during your trip.
- Check the route to get your destination have your directions ready to go. Don’t rely on your phone maps – if you’re driving through mountains, you could use internet connect and will need written down directions to proceed.
- Make sure you check the weather along your route. This is extremely important because if you’ll be heavy snow, chances are you will need chains for your tires and an all-wheel drive vehicle.
- Make sure to bring an emergency kit with you, including extra blankets, jackets, flares, flashlights, snacks, phone chargers, and water.
- Make sure your spare tire is packed and that you have the correct equipment to change a tire. Read up on how to change a tire if you aren’t already aware.
- Have emergency phone numbers on hand, just in case.
So as you start to plan your winter roadtrip, be sure to keep in mind all of the tips above. If you need any assistance with your vehicle or want to have an inspection completed before you hit the road, the professionals here at John’s Auto Care can help.