The last thing that any driver wants is to be stranded on the side of the road due to a flat tire. Fortunately, you can count on John’s Auto Care to provide you with a step-by-step guide on how to change a flat tire. First and foremost, you will need to gather the following parts and tools:
- A spare tire
- Lugged wrench
- A pair of gloves
How to Change a Tire
- First, you’ll want to make sure to pull over to a safe spot with flat ground and ample space to work with.
- Gather the items above and put on a pair of gloves to protect your hands.
- Loosen the wheel lugs of the flat tire, but don’t remove them all the way quite yet.
- Use the jack to raise your vehicle until the tire is lifted off the ground.
- Completely take off the wheel lugs and remove the flat tire by pulling it towards your body.
- Place the spare tire onto the wheel studs and reattach the wheel lugs. Don’t tighten them all the way quite yet.
- Lower your vehicle to the ground, and fasten the lugs tightly.
Congrats! Once you’ve completed the steps above, you’ve officially changed a flat tire. Please remember that spare tires are only temporary solutions, and you should make your way to a trusted tire shop for tire repair or replacement.
John’s Auto Care is the trusted source for all your tire needs in Meridian, IN. Feel free to give us a call or schedule an appointment online with our team today.