If you own a vehicle, you most likely drive from one place to another multiple times a day. We rely on our cars to get us where we need to go, and never expect our vehicle’s to breakdown along the way. When it comes to driving, especially in the evening, many unexpected scenarios can occur – from bad weather to a flat tire. Since you never know what can happen when you’re on the road, it’s important to have an emergency kit packed in your trunk at all times to prepare you for and situation. Here are 10 emergency items to keep in your vehicle:
- Spare Tire, Jack, and Lug Wrench – Having a spare tire is extremely important. You never know when you might need one. A tire can blow out unexpectedly just by driving over a nail or other sharp object, and a spare tire will definitely come in handy if you find yourself in this position. You’ll need a jack to lift up on end of your vehicle and a lug wrench to remove and replace bolts and nuts.
- Flashlight – A flashlight is always handy to have in your vehicle. It is also needed if you are changing a tire in the dark.
- Tool Kit – You never know when you’ll need a screwdriver or other tools.
- First Aid Kit – A first aid kit is easy to acquire from your local convenience store and can come in handy, especially on a road trip.
- Non-perishable Foods – Having a bag of trail mix or nuts in your car is a good way to prepare yourself for a long drive or an unforeseen instance when you need food and can’t get to any.
- Water – A jug or couple bottles of water is nice to have on hand at all times.
- Cell Phone Charger – A charger is always good to have in your vehicle, especially when you need to call for help or roadside assistance and your phone is dying.
- Jumper Cables – Very handy for when a dead battery occurs.
- Emergency Phone Numbers – Keep a notebook with important phone numbers, including roadside assistance, family members, tow trucks, and your trusted auto repair shop.
- Reflective Vest – A reflective vest is good to have just in case you need to walk from your vehicle to a nearby gas station.
These 10 items will make sure that you are prepared for any scenario on the road!